Wind Development Legal Manager
Luminus is looking for a legal counsel who will provide professional, proactive and pragmatic legal advice and assistance to our production team. Our legal manager will have a special focus on supporting the development of wind energy, for which Luminus has high ambitions.
Indeed, this function is fully in line with Luminus’ vision: “Become the preferred energy partner by helping our customers reduce their CO2 footprint with innovative energy-efficient solutions and renewable energy.”
As Legal Manager, you will be responsible for supporting our production department in the continuous development of wind energy:
- Giving legal assistance relating to the full cycle of permitting in the different regions of Belgium (especially for wind parks), including the follow up of litigation before relevant courts.
- Giving legal assistance relating to real estate matters, and contractual matters in general for the realization of wind development.
- Giving legal assistance for the constitution of corporate collaborations to foster wind development (eg constitution of an SPV, Wind Together cooperative,…) and the further follow up for the good corporate functioning .
- Following up of relevant legislation, proactive information/training to the business and assistance for implementation to guarantee compliance.
- Developing good working relations with all internal stakeholders, including senior management.
- Managing of external legal counsels (including negotiation of cost effective fees in collaboration with our purchase colleagues).
- Help with drawing up of contracts and - if necessary - with conducting negotiations and discussions with third parties.
- Assisting with complaints/claims made by local citizens/customers/regulators, and with disputes in general, in terms of writing the correct legal correspondence, drawing up settlement agreements or initiation of legal action.
- Creating all of the standard documents or contracts required for the business.
You report to the General Counsel. You will be based in Brussels, with occasional travel within Belgium.
- A varied and interesting job, in a dynamic and positive team.
- A wide scale of opportunities of self-development.
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration.
- A competitive salary package with fringe benefits depending on your experience.
- A convenient working location in Brussels, also easily accessible by train.
- Work for one of the main Belgian leaders in green energy development and production (top 1 in wind and solar energy), who is also recognized as “Top Employer” for the 7th year in a row.
- You have a Master degree in law.
- You have at least 5 years of experience (acquired as a lawyer and/or in-house legal counsel) in administrative law, energy law, commercial law, or at least you are willing to learn and specialize in these areas.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English (oral/written).
- You work customer focused and go for “professional, proactive and pragmatic solutions” in good collaboration with other departments.
- You are a flexible teamplayer.
- Our three corporate values are part of your DNA. #customerfirst #entrepreneurship #alltogether
- Integrity and confidentiality are essential for you.