VAT Compliance Officer (VCO)
As a professional, you would like to contribute to a CO2 neutral
future? Well, this is exactly what we do at Luminus’ Finance department.
We enable the company's ambition to become CO2 neutral with innovative
financialand legal models.
The VCO is responsible for the preparation of the VAT compliance at Luminus based on inter alia SAP and Business Warehouse reports and the follow-up of the timely filing and any related requests.
The VCO shall have a strong background in tax compliance and at the same time has a good technical tax bagage in VAT matters. The VCO is requested to work in collaboration mode and needs to interact with other subdepartements in Finance and with the business. The CTCO supports the Tax Director in meeting the monthly and ad hoc compliance and reporting deadlines and shall be able to handle related VAT compliance questions in a first line.
He/she has a good economical background, has experience in VAT through consultancy or industry and is used to working under deadline pressure whilst complying with the 4-eye review principle for technical matters and in line with the delegation of authority principle.
The VCO is expected to act as a business partner towards other finance departements and other Luminus departements in order to support the delivery of the Luminus group strategy.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of the VAT compliance on a monthly or periodic basis in a timely manner and will be provided with a set of instructions and guidelines for preparation and procedure purposes.
- He/she is responsible for the follow-up until the timely filing of said VAT compliance and any related questions and can work under time pressure.
- He/she has to be autonomous in organising his/her work and ressources with the support of the Tax Director if need be.
- He/she can handle first line questions related to his/her field of expertise.
- He/she is always on the lookout for any efficiency improvements in reporting, compliance and related topics or questions.
- He/she connects and exchanges fluently with other Finance staff and business or support departments helping and supporting the Luminus Finance team or other business teams in its role as a business partner.
- He/she keeps abreast of VAT technical regulation evolutions and will receive the appropriate training to do so.
- You have a master or bachelor degree in Tax (background economics) or equivalently through experience.
- You have an expert knowledge and proven experience of excel.
- You have a consulting knowledge of SAP by preference or similar ERP system.
- You have a sound tax knowledge of Belgian VAT legislation related to compliance.
- You have a strong analytical mindset with an eye for details.
- You work in a structured way with focus on process and procedure.
- You are a team player with customer-focus and a proactive way of working.
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are fluent and Dutch or French and you master English as a business language.