Solution Designer Business Intelligence
As Solution Designer BI you are part of the IT Business Intelligence Team, a multiskilled team of both internal and external experts. We deliver correct and consistent data in the different data layers, so that our data-driven business organization can turn them into value in different analyses and models. You are part of the intake team, responsible for the design of fit-for-purpose solutions. Within the agile delivery framework, you assure the functional end-to-end follow-up of your solution.
- You capture on a daily basis the business requirements and translate them in pragmatic, affordable (MVP if required) and most of all… a future proof solution design.
- So what does future proof mean? Sustainable solution designs, adhering to our solution principles, our security policies and our architectural landscape.
- You estimate effort and time for the design, the configuration, implementation and unit/integration testing part.
- You write out the mapping specs for the build team
- As part of an agile team, you coach and support the build and testing team through the various sprints. Also, you guide the users during user acceptance testing to final delivery.
- You have a master degree in exact science (preferable in IT) and have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Our three corporate values (entrepreneurship, customer first and all together) are part of your DNA.
- You are fluent in English and speak one of our two corporate languages (Dutch/French).
- You are a strong communicator, able to understand & discuss business needs, facilitating pragmatic and affordable solutions.
- You are keen on being part of an agile team, incorporating our key drivers:
- I learn to improve
- I communicate to contribute
- I team up to perform
- I take ownership to achieve
- You have advanced knowledge and experience in data warehouse design and dimensional modeling.
- You have successfully realized technical implementation, either by doing it yourself or through collaboration with a more technically oriented BI colleague
- You have a good knowledge of (Oracle) SQL
- Hands on experience with tools as SAP Data Services, Oracle, Qlik Sense, SAS, R, Python, AWS services is a plus
- You pay attention to data quality, performance and security
- You are passionate about new technologies (data science, big data, machine learning, AWS services)
- You are familiar with Agile Scrum or SAFe implementations in BI