Senior Energy Optimisation Expert
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to play a role in the energy transition?
Do you have an analytical mindset keen to solve complex problems?
Luminus is looking for a Senior Energy Optimisation Expert to develop strategic and innovative projects.
Number one challenger in the Belgian energy market, Luminus is an electricity producer, energy supplier and energy services company. The company is one of the leaders in green energy development and production in Belgium. It operates a growing onshore wind park and plays a key role in the country’s security of supply through its gas power plants. Luminus invests in the energy challenges of the future by developing innovative energy solutions and offering them to its customers.
Under its commercial brand, Luminus sells electricity, gas and energy services providing high quality services to 2 million residential and business customers, representing a commercial market share of about 20%.
On top of that, Luminus has been elected Top Employer for several consecutive years - a title of which we are very proud.
Our Optimisation department is responsible for our gas and electricity portfolio and the maximization of the value of our assets. The department is young, dynamic and eager to respond to the future challenges of the energy world. We are always on the look for continuous improvement. Therefore, our people are encouraged to be curious and innovative.
Within the Optimisation department you will be a part of the Business Development team. This team is responsible to develop and coordinate innovative and transversal projects related to the future energy landscape.
Your future job...
As the Business Development team works on wide range of topics, your job as Senior Energy Optimisation Expert will be varied and interesting. You will be responsible to:
- Develop economic valuation models for different types of investments with a focus on Generation assets.
- Validate the economic evaluation of projects in close collaboration with Wind Development and Project Development.
- Analyse the economic profitability of new thermal assets in the context of the Capacity Remuneration Mechanism.
- Contribute actively to definition of the regulatory strategy.
- Participate in various working groups within EDF concerning topics related to fundamentals.
- Negotiate and follow-up commercial contracts with trading companies.
- Monitor and analyse developments in the energy market and support mechanisms (green certificates, capacity market ...).
- Contribute to other projects within the Business Development team including:
- Innovation projects related to the flexibility of new technologies such as electrical vehicles, hydrogen production…
- Development of microgrids, P2P communities,...
- Monitoring of regulatory evolutions and formulating recommendations to defend Luminus’ interests
- Coordination of the implementation of new Short Term optimisation tools to answer to the regulatory changes.
- Master’s degree in engineering or commercial sciences with an affinity in one or more of the following domains: the energy market, project management and innovative solutions in the energy sector.
- Bilingual English and Dutch or French.
- Good analytical skills and a proven track-record of dealing with quantitative simulation models (Excel).
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in the energy sector, utilities.
- Very good knowledge of the gas, electricity and certificates markets.
- Strong communication skills; able to synthesize a complex matter.
- A good team spirit and ability to work in cross-functional organizations.
What we offer...
- An interesting and varied job in at the forefront of innovation within our company
- An attractive compensation package
- Office location : Brussel