Senior Credit Risk Specialist
The Credit Risk & Models team monitors the activity of the Luminus portfolio (Retail, Trading, Production and Affiliates). This by minimizing the counterparty risk and assessing the counterparty financial exposure. Within the Luminus risk strategy framework, the Senior Credit Risk Specialist is responsible for the credit assessment methodology of Luminus’ customers & suppliers.
- The Senior Credit Risk Specialist continuously monitors the impact of the credit acceptance on open receivables and bad debt.
- He/she identifies companywide risks and assess the impact of credit acceptance on the portfolio, performs credit analysis and provide business with a credit opinion, prior to contract conclusion.
- He/she continuously monitors, reports and improves the credit modelling.
- He/She will be responsible, on a monthly basis, to organise, optimise and deliver the factoring portfolio
The Senior Credit Risk Specialist takes ownership and is responsible for:
- The development of a monitoring and reporting framework related to the credit acceptance function which should allow tracking compliancy to the credit policies, determining the related risk (as basis for integrated companywide risk reporting) and finally linking the credit activities with its resulting open receivables and bad debt.;
- Define and implement advanced models to enhance failure prediction in B2B and Professional portfolio
- The decision making for one-off requests (within the framework set by the Credit Risk Policy & DoA) and as such will also be responsible for escalation towards the credit committee if required (e.g. conflict between commercial interest vs risk);
- He/She takes the lead in contacts and communication with other departments (Optimisation, Sales, Legal, etc.) and is the prime representative for Finance in credit related projects or initiatives, assuring an optimal approach from a credit acceptance and bad debt perspective;
- He/She will actively participate together with the Credit Manager in designing and improving the credit processes by target segment (Optimisation, B2B, etc.) in a joint operation with other parties involved (e.g. Optimisation, retail, other Finance departments, etc.);
- Collaborating closely with B2B sales to understand end-customer needs and propose tailormade solutions;
- He/She supervises junior/trainee
- Responsible to assess and report Bad debt KPI to CBC committee
- Responsible to prepare and comments credit risk KPI to Board Audit and Risk Committee
- He/she will be responsible, together with the Credit Risk manager, for a regular risk review of the customer portfolio (companywide) and provide advice based on this assessment towards the Credit Manager resulting in adjustments of the existing policies, procedures or credit acceptance processes
• Master’s in economy, finance or commercial engineering;
• Min. 7 years of relevant experience in financial risk analysis/modelling, or relevant finance or accounting activity.
• Analytical mind and affinity with numbers and programming (VBA, SAS, Python or SQL);
• Statistical/econometrics knowledge
• Ability to quickly grasp the relevant information;
• Proactive personality, eager to challenge the status-quo;
• Making technical concepts easy to understand;
• Good stress resilience
• Financial analysis (ideally knowledge of credit rating techniques)
• Fluent in Dutch and English or French.