The Optimisation department secures the gross margin of the company by hedging its energy portfolio exposures on wholesale energy markets. It is a young and dynamic environment wherein people are encouraged to be curious and innovative in a positive atmosphere.
Within the Optimisation department, the Sales Interface & Pricing team manages the transfer prices of gas & power commodities for all sales segments. It is the link between the trading desk and the sales departments. More concretely, based on cost assumptions, statistical and fundamental analysis and the company’s strategy and risk appetite, the team translates wholesale market prices into prices to be used by sales for end customer contracts. Thanks to its expertise, the team also advises sales teams on pricing related topics, and supports sales users for the use of the pricing software.
In an ever-evolving energy sector, methodologies in place need to be constantly challenged and improved to ensure the competitiveness of Luminus on the market. The growing share of renewable energy sources require the team to find innovative solutions to meet end customer needs.
The Pricing Officer manages pricing operations for the team, being a key link between the optimisation department and the B2B department in the offer-to-contract process.
- You are responsible for providing B2B sales teams with accurate transfer prices, compliant with agreed strategies and in a timely manner to guarantee business continuity;
- You are the first line contact for B2B colleagues about pricing related questions;
- You participate in and organize recurrent meetings, in order to align the respective interest of different stakeholders in order to maximize value for the company;
- You care for an excellent relationship with your stakeholders thanks to clear and exhaustive communication;
- You maintain and share documentation enhancing pricing related knowledge of stakeholders;
- You optimize and challenge the processes you own or are involved in;
- You identify possible improvements to the pricing software and translate them into business requirements;
- You set-up & execute end-to-end test cases at application and multi-application level;
- Master's degree with a focus on numbers or business (applied economics, commercial engineering, business science, civil engineering, economics);
- Good knowledge of MS Excel is required;
- You have an affinity with numbers and software;
- You master Dutch, French and English in a professional context;
- You demonstrate thoroughness, are organized and good in diagnostic information gathering;
- You naturally want to help, solve problems and improve processes;
- You are a team player with outstanding customer orientation;
- You have good communication skills, making technical concepts easy to understand;