The Optimisation department is a young and dynamic environment wherein people are encouraged to be curious and innovative in a positive atmosphere.
Within the Optimisation department, the Sales Interface & Pricing team manages the transfer prices of gas & power commodities for all sales segments. It is the link between the trading desk and the sales departments. More concretely, based on cost assumptions, statistical and fundamental analysis and the company’s strategy and risk appetite, the team translates wholesale market prices into prices to be used by sales for end customercontracts. Thanks to its expertise, the teamalsoadvises sales teams on pricing related topics, and supports sales users for the use of the pricing software.
In an ever-evolving energy sector, methodologies in place need to be constantly challenged and improved to ensure the competitiveness of Luminus on the market. The growing share of renewable energy sources require theteam to find innovative solutions to meet end customer needs.
Your future job...
The Pricing analyst takes ownership for developing tools and models for power& gas transfer prices valuation,for all market segments (B2C, B2B, Renewable Energy Sources...).
- You are responsible for the quality, efficiency and robustness of our pricing tools;
- You challenge and propose pricing strategies and methodologies, in collaboration with traders and market data modelling team, and defend these to the management (Director-level exposure);
- You followup on pricing components, ensuring that all sourcing costs and risk exposures are correctly reflected in the transfer prices;
- You build innovative models to price decentralized productions (wind, solar and cogeneration);▪You participate to operations, providing quotes to sales for strategic clients;
- You enhancethe team’sefficiency by automating processes;
- You participate in designing pricing tools and the pricing engine;
- You support your team and the department with your expertise;
- You document and organize your work to ensure business continuity;
- You have a master's degree in mathematics, finance or engineering;
- You master a scripting language, and have good knowledge of MS Excel;
- You are familiar with energy as a commodity;
- You naturally challenge statu-quos;
- You demonstrate thoroughness, are organized and good in diagnostic information gathering;
- You are fluent in Flemish or French, and English.