Marketing Product & New Services Manager
We are looking to hire the Marketing Product & New Services Manager to re-inforce the Marketing team and further develop innovative and customer oriented products.
As Marketing Product & New Services manager you have an important responsibility in guiding the transformation of Luminus from an energy supplier towards an energy partner. Further developing Luminus products towards green energy & comfort. You will play a fundamental role assuring that Luminus remains an innovative market player thanks to its strategic, innovative and customer centric approach. You will manage a team of 6 highly motivated product developers in charge of the complete range of B2C & SOHO product porftolio from Commodity energy supply products (Elec, Gas) to Services (Insurances, Maintenance…) to Installations (PV, Boilers…). You are ultimately responsible for the marketing activities related to these products with the objective of generating new margins and / or protecting the existing margin.
Amongst others you coordinates the work of product managers in close alignment with other retail departments such as (pricing, digital, go-to-market, sales). You elaborates a future & ambition driven roadmap to guarantee portfolio and EBITDA growth and work closely with Luminus innovation & business development departments to further integrate new & innovative solutions. You also support the business in implementing legal changes and market must-dos. Lastly the Marketing Product & New services manager plays a central role aligning Luminus B2C & SOHO product ambitions with Luminus owned affiliates. You also follow the sales results and the evolution of the product portfolio whilst keeping an eye on competition and new market shifts and advice Retail management on changes required to our product strategy.
Strategy & long-term roadmap:
- Co-creates the long-term service strategy & roadmap together with the Strategy, Innovation & Business development department
- Understanding competitors strategy and defining Luminus product development strategy. Establishing a clear product improvement and development road-map in line with Luminus ambitions and targets
- Contributes to negotiations with external partners
- Provides input for the business model and business case. He / she makes a forecast of possible gross margins and EBITDA of new or existing products
- Develops the bottom-up business case and defends it to internal stakeholders (finance)
Development of existing and new customer propositions:
- Ideate surveys, smoke-tests, growth-hacking initiatives all with the aim of testing cheaply new product ideas with customers and develop/pivot the most promising in an agile lean way
- Define in a stepped-approach the development of new products to enhance our product line-up. From ideation to, detailed definition & pricing (discussions with legal, pricing, finance, IT, accounting) to final launch together with the Go-to-market team.
- Co-create and implementing the teams operational roadmap for each of the products in Luminus & the affiliates portfolio
- Integrate products solutions of our partners into the Luminus portfolio of services by identifying all stakeholders/partners needed to build up a cooperative relationship in order to assemble, refine and prioritize the business deployment.
- Manage together with product managers a clear structured, comprehensible and complete product design & documentation (Product description, Offering templates, contracts, Lead Qualification documents, process flows, SLA, pricing,…).
Monitoring of portfolio and performance:
- Overseeing the evolution of sales numbers and product porftolio. Drawing the right conclusions and recommendations towards management of Retail in order to guarantee portfolio and EBITDA growth by suggesting product improvements and/or developments
- Defines and oversees that the appropriate reporting and KPI’s are in place closely monitor the market and the competition.
- Keeps an eye on the management of the product life cycle of the existing products. Follow-up on processes and quality, customer experience, product updates and improvements.
- Co-creates together with the marketing department initiatives to, build up and follow lead generation campaings in order to grow our market penetration in collaboration with the differents stackeholders.
People & change management
- Managing a team of 6 experienced product developers
- Manages cross-departmental projects and program teams
- Defining and explaining towards internal stakeholders Luminus product development vision and explaining the “why”
- Motivating and inspiring multidisciplinary teams across retails towards a common goal or ambition
Renewal & Positive attitude:
- Being capable of introducting new an innovative ideas driven by your curiosity and eagerness to improve and renew
- You look at challenges from the bright side and contribute to discussions from a positive stand-point
- Deriving concrete advice by thinking holistically and combining multiple concepts and process into a logical story and workable solution
- Being able to make decisions based on (sometimes incomplete) information and initiate the necessary actions to put the decisions taken into practice
- Efficiently assessing, managing, monitoring and adjusting people, resources, budgets and time in function of the objectives to be achieved
- Achieving a predetermined goal by making a good impression, having ideas accepted by others, using convincing arguments, achieving a win-win situation and responding specifically to his conversation partner (s) or audience.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Being personally responsible for the results of the organization or the department and therefore keeping abreast of the market in which the organization operates. Develop and maintain the organizational structure, policy and objectives.
- Show respect for other ideas, opinions and people, for the policy, procedures and structure.
- You show emotional intelligence and treat both your colleagues and the topics in a rational & constructive manner
The ideal candidate would have :
- Minimum university degree, preferably in an economic or marketing direction and / or engineer;
- Extensive experience in a similar Marketing position in a similar sector (energy, telecom, banking sector). 10 years of experience, of which 5 years in product management.
- Strong in conceptual thinking and able to innovate.
- Experience in expanding business case and forecasts of gross margin and EBITDA of the product to defend a possible launch. Mastering the marketing opex.
- Extremely solid program / project management experience and methodology: will indirectly manage various internal and external parties in order to get the project launched on time and within budget.
- Strong business & commercial feeling
- Leadership (change management)
- High affinity with the technical & digital world.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio & Project)
- At least perfectly fluent in 2 languages either French/English or Dutch/English. Ideally fluent in all three languages FR/NL/EN