Manager General Accounting
As the manager general accounting you will be responsible for the planning, organization, performance and control of all activities within the general accounting department of Luminus, included BE GAAP and IFRS for the different EDF Group entities located in Belgium.
Your responsibility can be directly operational (entities for which bookkeeping is performed in the team) or related to coordination of the reporting and to technical support (entities that are independent from an accounting point of view).
You will be responsible of the consolidation of the sub group Luminus, more specifically, for the month, quarterly and year-end closes of the general and analytical accounting ledgers in BE GAAP and IFRS, including all related reporting requirements, the implementation and follow-up of all general accounting related projects.
At Luminus you are never alone. You will be supported by an experienced team of GL accountants. As manager, you have the responsibility to organise your team in an efficient and effective way to reach all goals/deadlines at the desired quality level.
To achieve your mission, you need to be technically knoweldgeable in accounting and consolidation domains. Added to that, you will have to use your leadership skills.
This function also includes the responsibility to ensure adherence to all procedures and work processes with respect to all BE GAAP and IFRS accounting matters.
What will you do?
- You will organize and take control of different activities in order for them to be finished in a complete and accurate way within the agreed upon deadlines.
- Your scope includes several entities of the EDF/Luminus group in Belgium
- You will be responsible for the correct integration of acquired entities in the consolidation scope (PPA, IFRS adjustments set-up), with our without support of external specialized consultants, and in collaboration with the Business partner for Affiliates.
- All activities linked to the conversion of the monthly, quarterly and yearly closings in IFRS (actuals)
- All activities linked to the monthly, quarterly and yearly IFRS reportings to shareholders (actuals)
- You will be responsible of the sub-consolidation of the Luminus Group, including consolidation scope evolution.
- You will be responsible of the publication of consoldiation package to the EDF Group and primary contact with the consolidation team at Group level
- You will be responsible for the conversion of Belgian GAAP budgets and forecasts in IFRS (below ebitda items). Added to that, you will follow up on the accurate and timely application of all new and changed IFRS-standards
- You will be reponsible for the setting up of an IFRS knowledge centre through which
- basic IFRS knowledge will be spread through the company
- necessary information requests will be send into the company
- necessary information will be collected from the organization for IFRS conversion
- You will be responsible for the complete, accurate and timely gathering of information which is needed to properly convert the Be GAAP accounts into IFRS
- You will be responsible for the development of internal controls that guarantee the completeness, accuracy and existence of the information received
- You will participate in due diligences and in acquisition projects (in order to prepare and realize in due time first consolidation and further integration of the acquired companies in the consolidated reporting pack)
- You will be coaching a team of experienced accountants. This includes: assign tasks according to skills and expertise, giving guidelines and technical support, set targets, define training needs, prepare personal training- and development plans and the evaluation of your team members
- You will be SPOC on IFRS matters for all internal clients (other departments, management committee, internal auditor, etc) and for the external auditor.
- You will be responsible for development of IT projects with impact on accounting/reporting systems
What are we looking for?
- You have a Master in applied economics/finance with major in Accountancy and Taxes
- You have at least 7 years of experience in an Accounting environment
- Experienced in leading Accounting Teams
- Solid experience in IFRS
- Solid knowledge of the Belgian accounting law
- experience with SAP Fi/Co or other relevant tools is a plus.
- You have gained experience in consolidation and consolidation reporting
- You have solid knowledge of French and English, Dutch
- Experience in Financial Audit is a plus.
What can you expect from us?
- You will end up with an employer who has been voted Top Employer for years in a row and a company that takes the lead in sustainability! Together we make the difference.
- Every day at Luminus is full of new challenges and opportunities to grow. Learning is in our DNA. We give you the space to further develop your talents, your knowledge and your competencies. We organise inspiration sessions, encourage knowledge sharing among colleagues and stimulate internal mobility. So the options for growth are numerous and adapted to your professional challenges.
- Of course, we also provide market-based remuneration, supplemented with an interesting package of extra-legal benefits.