Legal Manager BtB & Energy Efficiency Solutions
As Legal Manager, you will take legal ownership
for supporting our BtB department in the continuous sales of commodity and development of energy-efficient solutions.
- You cooperate proactively to the setting up of the correct contractual structure for new energy solutions. You can cope with the complexity of the business, the different regulatory, political and society environments in Belgium.
- You cooperate to the negotiation and conclusion of contractual matters in general for the realization of sales, in BtB and BtG environment.
- As you have a passion for law, you follow up relevant legislation, proactively inform/train the business and assist them for implementation to guarantee compliance.
- You develop good working relations with all internal stakeholders, including senior management in order to have a true business partner relationship, and you want to be able to foster sufficient transversal work in the complexity of the files.
- You love to manage several external legal counsels on a multitude of files in parallel (including negotiation of cost effective fees in collaboration with our purchase colleagues).
- You legally coordinate the management of litigations, and disputes in general, in terms of setting up the right strategy, writing the correct legal correspondence, participating to negotiations, drawing up settlement agreements or initiation of legal action.
- You’ll create all of the standard documents or contracts required for the business, including new contracts when new business and/or contractual challenges occur.
- You report to the General Counsel and will be based in Brussels, with occasional travel within Belgium.
Do you recognize yourself in this?
- You have a Master degree in law.
- You have at least 5 to 7 years of experience (acquired as a lawyer and/or in-house legal counsel) in at least one of these specialties: commercial law, energy law, construction law, administrative law. You are willing to learn and specialize in these areas.
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch (oral/written). You have a good knowledge of the other national language.
- You work independently, think and act proactively, and go for professional and pragmatic solutions, fostering transversal collaboration.
- You have sufficient project management skills to be able to handle a multitude of files in parallel.
- You love complexity and can get structured solutions out of it.
- You are a flexible teamplayer.
- Our three corporate values are part of your DNA: #customerfirst #entrepreneurship #alltogether
- You find Integrity and confidentiality essential.