Luminus is looking for professional, proactive and pragmatic legal counsels who will play a key role in addressing its short and long term challenges. Our legal managers will have a special focus on actively contributing to the further development of innovative energy-efficient solutions and renewable energy.
Indeed, this function is fully in line with Luminus’ vision: “Become the preferred energy partner by helping our customers reduce their CO2 footprint with innovative energy-efficient solutions and renewable energy.”
As Legal Manager, you will take legal ownership
for supporting our business to:
- Cooperate proactively to the setting up of the correct contractual structure for big development projects related to energy efficiency and/or renewable energy : EPC contracts, PPA’s, project finance, etc are no secret to you, and you feel confident to negotiate them.
- Cooperate to the negotiation and conclusion of contractual matters in general for the realization of sales, in BtB and BtG environment.
- Cope with the complexity of the business, the different regulatory, political and society environments in Belgium.
- Follow up relevant legislation, proactively inform/train the business and assist them for implementation to guarantee compliance.
- Develop good working relations with all internal stakeholders, including senior management in order to have a true business partner relationship, and to be able to foster sufficient transversal work in the complexity of the files.
- Manage several external legal counsels on a multitude of files in parallel (including negotiation of cost effective fees in collaboration with our purchase colleagues).
- Legally coordinate the management of litigations, and disputes in general, in terms of setting up the right strategy, writing the correct legal correspondence, participating to negotiations, drawing up settlement agreements or initiation of legal action.
- Create all of the standard documents or contracts required for the business, including new contracts when new business and/or contractual challenges occur.
You report to the General Counsel. You will be based in Brussels, with occasional travel within Belgium.
- You have a Master degree in law.
- You have at least 5 to 8 or 8 to 10 or 10+ years of experience (acquired as a lawyer and/or in-house legal counsel.) in commercial law, energy law, administrative law, corporate law or at least you are willing to learn and specialize in some of these areas.
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch
- You work independently, think and act proactively, and go for professional and pragmatic solutions, fostering transversal collaboration.
- You have sufficient project management skills to be able to handle a multitude of files in parallel.
- You love complexity and can get structured solutions out of it.
- You are a flexible teamplayer.
- Our three corporate values are part of your DNA: #customerfirst #entrepreneurship #alltogether