Junior General Ledger Accountant
Under the responsibility of the General Accounting Manager:
- You are responsible of general ledger activities withing one or several scopes of accounting, including of the planning of the daily/monthly/yearly activities, self-organization, performance of internal control activities and reporting activities. The GL activities can be related to closing tasks like accruals, deferred charges, financial results, tax and direct and indirect tax reporting (including support of the tax team when needed).
- You are responsible for the daily operations, the coordination of registration of accounting entries and other supporting financial documents that act as basis for the monthly, quarterly and yearly closings of the general and analytical accounting ledgers. You are able to process JE as needed, balance sheet variance analysis and various account reconciliation. You are able also to perform for project purposes when requested by your superiors.
- You are responsible for the month end closing of the your scope of activity and the reconciliation and the follow-up of the evolution of related GL accounts. You are able to perform analysis to ensure completeness/accuracy during reconciliation and you are able to explain key trends and movement. You are responsible to prepare accurate and timely account reconciliation, including investigating and resolving reconciling items. You are able to ensure that the procedures and the performed work are / is documented as appropriate.
- You will participate to training programs when requested by the manager.
- You have minimum 3 years of accounting experience in AR/AP/GL.
- You have accounting knowledge in BEGAAP and basic knowledge in VAT/ Taxes/ IFRS.
- You are able to work with accounting software. Experience in SAP FI/CO.
- You have good Excel skills.
- You have the necessary communication skills to interact with internal and external customers.
- You are able to work accurately.
- You are deadline oriented.