Internship @ Credit Risk & Models
During your internship you are part of the Credit Risk & Models team, a small team, responsible for the design and implementation of the credit processes, assuring the quality of the performed work and functioning as first line towards the business for all credit related questions.
- The team continuously monitors the activity of the Luminus portfolio (Retail, Trading, Production and Affiliates) by developing innovative approaches to minimize the counterparty risk and by assessing the counterparty financial exposure.
- The team identifies companywide risks and assess the impact of credit acceptance on the portfolio, performs credit analysis and provide business with a credit opinion, prior to contract conclusion.
- The team continuously monitors, reports and improves the credit function.
The internship at the Credit Risk & Models Team will allow you to gain insight in the functioning of the team and will allow you to take ownership over:
- The development of a monitoring and reporting framework related to the credit acceptance function.
- The decision making for one-off requests and as such will also be responsible for escalation towards the credit committee if required.
- Communication and contacts with other departments (Optimisation, Sales, Legal, etc.) and representation of Finance in credit related projects or initiatives, assuring an optimal approach from a credit acceptance and bad debt perspective.
- The design and improvement of the credit processes.
- Collaboration with B2B sales to understand end-customer needs and propose tailormade solutions;
- Regular risk review of the customer portfolio (companywide) and provide advice based on this assessment towards the Credit Manager resulting in adjustments of the existing policies, procedures or credit acceptance processes.
What can you Expect?
As a young and motivated trainee, you will acquire a valuable knowledge about the energy sector, counterparty risk modelling and Luminus portfolio. You will progress through a challenging internship and you will experience and learn about the different aspects of financial modelling and managing/monitoring financial risk. Our experts will share their knowledge with you so that you develop plenty of new skills and gain expertise in the following domains: Counterparty risk assessment, modern portfolio theory (applied techniques for calculating the efficient frontier, estimation expected exposure, models of equilibrium in the capital markets, Interest rate theory and pricing of intercompany loans).
- Master’s in economy, finance or commercial engineering;
- Team player;
- Analytical mind and affinity with numbers and programming (VBA, Python, R+, SQL, Matlab..);
- Ability to quickly grasp the relevant information;
- Proactive personality, eager to challenge the status-quo;
- Making technical concepts easy to understand;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Fluent in Dutch and English or French.