Luminus willl start the construction of a new CCGT (thermal power station) in Seraing based on a turnkey EPC approach, with a total budget of >500M EUR. The team working for the project is part of our Generation (production) department and directly report to our Head of Generation (ComEx member).
In this role you will have the autonomy to take decisions regarding to HSEe (Health, Safety, Environment, energy) supervision on construction and commissioning activities, in line with delegation from the Site Construction Manager.
Achievements in 1-3 years:
- 1 to 3 years : HSEe follow-up of site activities in order to achieve the “zero harm” policy of Luminus and ensure that the objective is shared by all stakeholder of the project
Main accountabilities & Key challanges:
- Deliver HSEe induction to contractor’s new comers (except for EPC). Attend to some inductions performed by EPC contractor.
- Promote HSEe prevention towards workers.
- Participate in - and prepare reviews of Method of statements prepared by contractor, and HSE management procedures prepared by EPC. Comments them when required.
- Be most of the time on site for HSEe inspections based on control plan and issue associated reports (good practices and deviation).
- Notify all deviations directly on the field to contractors, then by writing in a second step, in order to share the information with them, to help them to record and to follow the corrective action when needed. Fill-in a HSEe register and follow-up actions to be managed by contract
- Support the HSEe Coordinator to ensure the requirements of the HSEe policies are implemented as required to facilitate the project.
- Report to HSEe coordinator information coming from site in order to define related action plans.
- Report to HSEe coordinator input data in order to elaborate and follow-up the HSEEe performances and statistics and support HSEe coordinator to ensure that main figures are aligned between parties.
- Demonstrate commitment to completing the project without incident and promoting HSEe.
- Support the HSEe coordinator for the management of environmental aspects and impacts of the works.
- Review Health and Safety Plans, procedures, emergency reponse plan and safe systems of work prepared by Contractors and Suppliers.
- Together with the HSEe Coordinator, review HSEe training plans, risk assements&method statement, relevant licenses, accreditations of the Contractor and its subcontractors when needed.
- Ensure that HSEe risks coming from the Contractors are identified, eliminated or minimized when selecting design solutions, construction methods and materials.
- With the supervision of the HSEe coordinator, ensure that contractors’ supervisors and workers are competent in the HSEe matters related to the work.
- Participate in investigations of HSEe incidents during construction and commissioning.
- Perform regular audits on contractors premisses to ensure that their HSEe management policy is well applied (documents avaliable on site, compliance certificates, waste register,…)
- Strong assertiveness to involve any project stakeholder for the “zero harm” objective
- Organization and structuration skills
- High flexibility and on-site minded
- Good anticipation skills to adapt when facing unexpected events
- Strong proven experience as HSEe inspector for large scale projects
- Experience with multi-disciplinary site works and EPC contractors set-up
- Formation de conseiller en prévention de niveau 2
- You are fluent in French and English
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus