Director Business to Business
Leading the BtB organization in their mission of becoming the preferred energy partner of our BtB Customers to supply and decarbonize their energy needs. Scope of the mission covering the sales and buy back of power and gas as well as the sales of energy (decarbonization) solutions. Customer segments in scope are: SME, I&C and public markets. The BtB Director is P&L accountable and assures the desired net profitability levels through appropriate management of the business opportunities and risks as well as close collaboration with different entities of the Luminus Group.
BtB Strategy & Performance
- Define the B2B strategy and Mid-Term Plan with a focus on end-to-end net profitability and business opportunities / risks for energy supply and energy decarbonation solutions.
- Translate the Mid Term Plan into operational plans for commercial and operational delivery through the organization of people/talent, processes, systems and installation financial controls / kpi’s.
- Install a cadence of accountability for follow-up of performance in the various centers of activity to steer and adjust financial, commercial and operational performance where needed.
- Ensure and structure close collaboration with service affiliates, btb services department, e-mobility, wind and the other departments of the group in order to optimize the group result and drive synergies.
- Manage the Luminus marketing / brand position for Business customers in on-line and analogue channels. Organize sales events, set-up product campaigns and communication plans.
- Manage the portfolio of commodity & service products and define a specific approach per sub segment.
- Define, set up and manage the on-line btb customer suite of products & services.
- Actively participate to innovation and business development initiatives to identify, innovate, develop and launch new energy solutions and capitalize on new trends.
- Manage the sales organization and define/review the BtB commercial policy and processes on a regular basis.
- Develop a multi-year sales plan and defines a specific approach per segment with focus on net profitability per segment and customer.
- Develop sales campaigns and monitor their success through conversion ratio’s and contracted margins.
- Embed solid management of energy supply risks in the sales and after sales process: ao volume management, payment behavior, data accuracy, etc..
- Focus on delivering best in class business Customer Experience during onboarding and the use of our services by the customer, in analogue and digital channels
- Focus on cash collection and working capital improvement through a seamless and qualitative billing & collections process.
- Organization of people processes and systems to support the above strategic goals in the most efficient way.
- Core processes in scope: customer onboarding, sales support; billing & invoicing; customer care (analogue/digital); cash collection
- Define improvement/transformation initiatives together with the business lines (B2B sales & operations, pre-sales & after-sales) and adjacent departments (ao energy service, e-mobility, wind)
- Organize the collaboration / projects with the IT department to jointly realize successes underpinning the btb strategy
- Optimize end to end processes and product definition to contain Luminus (market & credit) risks in a highly volatile market
- Ensure sufficient process controls to monitor, manage and incentivize these risks
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Successful track record in managing multidisciplinary teams/BU’s, experience with B2B markets.
- Relevant energy sector experience (energy supply / solutions / generation / trading ) is a prerequisite
- Experience in change & transformation management (people, process, systems) is a prerequisite
- Experience in adjacent sectors (banking, consulting, energy solutions, waste management, installation services) is a bonus
- A Masters level in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering, is highly preferred.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Entrepreneurial & customer focused style
- Team Player
- Creative & street-smart
- Strong organizer