At the confluence between generation (electricity production) and retail (electricity consumption), the optimisation department manages Luminus’ position on the energy market by ensuring that at all time there is a match between electricity/gas supply and demand. To do this, it is needed to optimize the volumes to be processed on the market and to extract the maximum value from its assets through market engineering. Such activities rely extensively on data and on insights that could be extracted from it. The quality, relevance and quantity of these insights are key to help optimisation to take the right decisions.
This is why we seek highly motivated interns to help support the optimization in its data journey. You will work on data initiatives supporting our goal to become a data driven company. Therefore, the intern will have also the opportunity to interact with different stakeholders during the internship. In this long journey, the intern will have the opportunity to work on data projects aiming to improve the decision processes.
Our team has three opportunities:
A data engineering internship: This internship is an excellent opportunity to apply data engineering skills in a real-world industry setting with a significant societal impact. You will have the chance to gain valuable experience and insights into various data-related disciplines such as real-time data processing, data infrastructure, data governance, and more.
A data science internship: This internship would allow you to apply machine learning in a genuine industry context with a high-societal impact. This will also be the opportunity to gain a better overview of the different disciplines around data such as machine learning modelling, data processing, data governance, and so on.
A data visualization internship: This internship would focus more on the development and maintenance of dashboard to support the decision making process of business leaders. This internship will be at the boundaries between business and the data world as it will require the intern to translate business requirements into technical solutions so they can later on build them. The intern will have the opportunity to learn skills around data visualization, SQL, data processing,…
Additionally, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the energy industry as a whole, as some of the projects you will be working on involve collaborating with stakeholders from other departments within the organization. A lot of knowledge sharing is taking place and would give you the opportunity to learn more about the other data disciplines as well. Feel free to apply with a friend if you have good working experience together.
1. Data engineering intern
- Collect data from various sources, processing it, and loading it into the data lake or data warehouse.
- Ensure data quality by validating and cleaning data, monitoring data integrity, and implementing data quality controls.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and provide data solutions that meet those needs.
- Document data systems and processes, including data dictionaries, process flows, and system diagrams.
2. Data Scientist intern
- Frame and conduct statistical analysis using large data sets with the goal of discovering meaningful implications for business decisions
- Develop AI models answering business needs
- Participate in the industrialization of Artificial intelligence and machine learning use cases within a modelling and project team
- Participate to the data-wide initiative to facilitate the use of data within the organization
- Investigate and propose innovative solutions to solve data-related problems within the organization.
3. BI Developer/Data Visualization intern
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their reporting and analysis needs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, data analysts, and other developers to ensure that BI solutions meet business needs.
- Design and develop data models that support business reporting and analytics.Collection of business requirements and translate them into technical functionalities
- Develop reports and dashboards that present data in an understandable and actionable format.
- Implement data quality controls to ensure that data used in reporting and analysis is accurate and reliable.
- Document BI systems, data models, and ETL processes to ensure that the systems are maintainable and supportable.
- Learn and grow their skills in BI development, as well as related areas such as data visualization and data analysis.
Internship of 3-12 months.
- Master in IT, science, business, engineering, artificial intelligence
- Knowledge of Dutch and / or French and fluent in English
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a rigorous and structured way
- Have an interest for the energy industry and climate change