Corporate Tax Expert
The corporate tax expert has a strong background and good technical baggage in corporate tax matters. He/she is requested to work in collaboration mode (including external advisors) and needs to interact with other subdepartements in Finance and with the business. The corporate tax expert will report to the Tax Director assisting the Tax Director on both tax advisory as Tax compliance tasks. The coporate tax expert is expected to act as a business partner towards other finance departements and other Luminus departements in order to support the delivery of the Luminus group strategy.
- Analyze the tax aspects of the activities and investments of the Luminus group, mainly in terms of corporate tax, energy taxes, etc;
- Assist the Tax Director in analyzing the Tax aspects during contract negotiations and restructuring, acquisitions and divestments (M&A) including tax aspects of due diligence and tax clauses in contracts;
- Follow the tax audits in Belgium by ensuring the interface with the tax administration in coordination with the other members of the tax team in Belgium
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of the corporate tax compliance on a monthly or periodic basis in a timely manner and will be provided with a set of instructions and guidelines for preparation and procedure purposes.
- He/she has to be autonomous in organising his/her work with the support of the Tax Director where needed.
- He/she can handle first line questions related to his/her field of expertise.
- He/she is always on the lookout for any efficiency improvements in reporting, compliance and related topics or questions.
- He/she connects and exchanges fluently with other Finance staff and business or support departments helping and supporting the Luminus Finance team or other business teams in its role as a business partner.
- He/she keeps keeps up to date on tax technical regulation evolutions and will receive the appropriate training to do so.
- You have a master or bachelor degree in Tax (background economics) or equivalently through experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Tax proffesional.
- You have an expert knowledge and proven experience of excel.
- You have a consulting knowledge of SAP by preference or similar ERP system.
- You have a sound tax knowledge in Belgian corporate tax related to compliance.
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are fluent in Dutch or French and you master English as a business language.