Business Reporting Specialist
Within the Performance Management team of the Trading & Supply department, the Business Reporting Specialist is responsible for the development and maintenance of reports based on our energy portfolio. He/she receives the business requirements and, with the support of the team, translates these into functional requirements and finally implements the report independently. Attention to automation is of great importance in this respect. Sources for the reports are the risk tool Aligne, as well as external information often delivered via Excel. The Business Reporting Specialist is responsible for continually maintaining and improving reports. He/she will also support the manager in the realisation of a BI-tool roll-out within T&S Middle Office. Finally, he/she participates in the daily and monthly operational processes of the team in order to gain excellent knowledge of our risk tool and related hedging strategies.
- Translating, with help of the team, the business requirements into technical requirements in order to extract the necessary information from the Aligne database as efficiently and robustly as possible.
- Developing and scheduling the actual reporting with a view to automation. In other words, with as little manual intervention as possible.
- Drawing up and maintaining documentation related to reports in order to promote knowledge transfer within the team as well as facilitate change management.
- Renewing existing reports on the initiative of projects (as feedback from the team) and on the basis of a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Identifying the different ways to select data from the Aligne database, and deciding which fields are the most robust and should therefore be used.
- Giving advice to internal customers regarding the efficient retrieval of data.
- Identifying synergies within Trading & Supply in order to improve data communication and data reporting with regard to Performance Management.
- Supporting the manager in selecting, testing, implementing and maintaining a BI tool that meets the needs within T&S Performance Management.
- Participating in the operational tasks within the team in order to deliver recurring reports in a timely manner to internal customers. Understanding the energy portfolio, data inputs and related hedging strategies.
- Degree in economics, engineering or IT.
- Three years of experience in energy or finance.
- Strong affinity with IT and with drawing up reports.
- Structured approach and strong analytical attitude.
- A sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Good knowledge of Excel (VBA) and SQL, Python and HTML is an advantage.
- Good communication skills and team-oriented.
- Good knowledge of the English language, with good knowledge French or Dutch.
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as SAS and/or Qlik is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the risk management tool Aligne is an advantage.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and techniques is an avantage.