Solution Designer Optimization & Generation
Description du Poste
Luminus is a major player in the utility market and the Optimization department has the mission to preserve at all times the balance of the gas and electricity portfolios to optimize the value of our assets while keeping the cost for our clients as low as possible.
The optimization landscape is heavily changing with the introduction of decentralized production, flexible resources and increased demands from regulators and TSO’s and our team is working to renew the IT landscape with the implementation of new applications and the improvement of existing applications and integrations.
The Solution Designer is business and technical facing, accountable for understanding the business requirements and define a pragmatic & affordable end to end solution coherent with our architectural landscape and in line with technical evolutions.
The candidate has a degree in IT or related and have at least 5 years of relevant experience
List of activities
- Understands the business content and advises stakeholders on how to best align processes and solutions.
- Estimates the effort and time required for solution design, configuration, implementation and unit/integration testing (together with the development team)
- Documents the solution design, configuration and implementation and is accountable for solution quality control
- Understands the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) drivers and contribute to keep it under control.
- Translates the business requirements in pragmatic, affordable (MVP if required) and future proof solution design, adhering to our architectural principles and our security policies
- As part of an agile team, coaches and supports the build and testing team through the various sprints. Also, guides the users during user acceptance testing to final delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in SOA architecture, integration architecture and design principles, such as API, micro services, CQRS and event sourcing.
- Have some coding experience (.net, Java) and working knowledge of Data Base
- Technical and programming affinity to correctly evaluate migration, pilot and development strategies
- Strong interest in new technologies and cloud architecture
- Has a strong motivation, is open minded and interested in innovation
- Has strong listening, communication, facilitation and analytical skills
- Is able to understand & discuss business needs
- Autonomous and strong team worker
- Business proficient in English and at least in Dutch or French
- Background in utility business (optimization / trading&risk)
- Hands on experience in working with Operational DB and Time Series DB
- Experience with near-real time-system and streaming analytics
- Working together with external parties (near and offshore)
- Experience with software development in Agile environment (Scrum, SAFe, …)