Power Portfolio Optimizer
Description du Poste
The portfolio optimizer is responsible for the optimization of Luminus’ power asset portfolio and for the hedging of power customer exposures from day+2 until year+3, in line with the company’s hedging strategy and compliant with the risk mandate. She or He is also responsible for the coordination of thermal assets in agreement with the Generation departments.
Ofcourse the Power Portfolio Optimizer will have several responsibilities that we be expected from him or her. Below you can find a grasp of the tasks that will be expected from you:
- Implement the power hedging strategy for the horizon D+2 until Y+3 to secure the value of the portfolio positions, within the risk limit framework, through trading in the wholesale market.
- Analyze and understand the integrated power portfolio (assets & sales) of Luminus : physical and financial positions, other commodity exposures (gas, CO2 and foreign currencies). Find and valorise portfolio synergies.
- Challenge and improve optimal hedging strategies in close collaboration with the portfolio optimisation manager and portfolio optimisation specialist.
- Manage intramonth weather and volume risks and work closely together with
forecasting to avoid discontinuities in demand forecasts and align the medium term position to the intramonth load position.
- Act as the SPOC of the Optimisation department for the Generation department and host recurrent meetings between both departments to maintain shared knowledge and good relationships.
- Work closely together with Generation department,
to optimise the availability of the thermal assets and renewable production park. Challenge and validate production and maintenance plannings.
- Provide internal and external counterparties with expertise regarding Luminus’ portfolio and the energy market.
Does the above fits perfectly what you are looking for? Than great! Keep reading to check if you respond to the profile we are looking for!
What do we look after in a power portfolio optimizer in terms of skills & competences:
- A strong interest in Energy Markets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamworking skills
- Master degree in engineering, finance or economy
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Interest in trading and energy markets, i.e. power, gas and CO2.
- Familiar with financial instruments (forward, options, swaps,…)
• Proficiency with IT tools is considered an asset (Excel, VBA, Python)
• Technical understanding of power generation and transmission is an asset.
• Business proficient in English and at least in Dutch of French